Dynare 4.6.4 with MATLAB R2021a: Windows 10 installation guide
Please feel free to raise any comments or issues on the website’s Github repository. Pull requests are very much appreciated.
This is a quick video tutorial for Windows 10 on how to (1) install MATLAB R2021a, (2) install Dynare 4.6.4, (3) add the path of Dynare to MATLAB and (4) test if everything is working.
- 00:49 - Installing MATLAB R2021a
- 02:02 - Recommended MATLAB Toolboxes
- 03:22 - Installing Dynare 4.6.4
- 03:58 - Choose destination folder on local disk (don’t use cloud storage folders or network drives)
- 05:23 - Create folder where to put your mod files on local disk (not cloud storage or network drive)
- 05:49 - Copy example1.mod
- 06:03 - Add Dynare to MATLAB’s path via addpath (don’t use GUI as this might mess up other computations you do in MATLAB)
- 06:15 - First check: just run dynare
- 06:22 - Second check: run example1.mod
- 06:36 - MATLAB preferences: add “mod” to files extensions for nicer code formatting in MATLAB’s editor
- 07:13 - Outro
- 07:19 - References
Hints & Corrections
- Make sure you install Dynare and put your mod files on your local disk and not a cloud storage folder or a network drive.